August 28, 2013

Travel Poll

Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely LOVE to travel the world.  I generally plan one big trip per year (and as many small ones as possible!).  Since we do our big trip in May, I get into planning mode in the fall, carefully considering the finalist destinations (one of my favorite websites is i-escapes!).  I finalize plans in the winter, go on the trip in May, take a few months off, and then start the whole beautiful process all over again.  Here are the winning destinations from the last few years:

2011: China

2012: Vietnam

2013: Spain and Morocco


SOO, the big question I'm facing now is, where should I go next?

The contenders are:
Ushuaia, Argentina: Southernmost city in the world, located in Tierra del Fuego.  Highlights are hiking, glaciers, penguins!

Kodiak Island, Alaska:  It would be fun to see some of the untamed US! Highlights are hiking, boating, grizzly bears!

Svalbard, Norway:  Islands off the north coast of Norway.  Highlights are trekking, carrying shotguns, polar bears!

What do you think?  Also, if you've been to any of these 3 locations, any recommendations are appreciated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips