August 5, 2013

Evening Hawk Spotting

We've been going to the GGP archery range almost every evening.  One night a hawk landed just a few feet away from me.  The next night a coyote ran onto the field and frolicked around the archers for several minutes before sprinting back into the brush.  After that, I decided that I wouldn't be caught without my camera again, and my nightly visits to the range have become more of a combo arching/wildlife spotting.  Although there are TONS of creatures out and about, the most common sightings are of hawks.  I've come to know their favorite branch hangouts along the perimeter of the range and am at the ready to toss down my bow and pick up the cam if I see one launching toward the open field to pick up a gopher.









    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips