September 11, 2013

Wilmington Urban Wildlife Refuge

Most of my trips are a flurry of trying to pack in as many adventures as possible; in contrast, trips to visit my in-laws in Delaware tend to be very relaxing.  It's been fun for me to slowly explore Delaware over the last several years, knowing that I'll be back again soon and that there will always be more time to traipse around and discover Delaware's hidden gems.  This visit, we made it to the Russell W. Peterson Wildlife Refuge which is conveniently right on the Wilmington Riverwalk. 












Another place on my list to see is Chincoteague (not quite Delaware, but really close!)  Delawarians, do you have any other suggestions for me? 

2 comments:

  1. Look how tattered the monarch's wings are. Wonder whether it will make it to Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if he'll make it to mexico, but hopefully he's got a few more happy months of fluttering around DE! :

      Delete

Blogging tips